- I feel the need for NPCs - not to kill or anything quite as fun, but rather to be story elements - characters that exist to bring their slice of the story to life - A conversation engine would be nice and some rudimentary ability to key-word converse, scripted so they can do stuff [twitch, wink, cry] and useful actions like give you stuff when you ask for it, trade objects, sell and buy things from you. I would like them skinnable so I can decorate them with period costume ... doable? I want proximity to be a trigger - they strike up a conversation with you when you get close to them, perhaps react to an object you are carrying, wearing or have just eaten? Current conversation in SecondLife is 20m [if you are within 20m of a talker, you can strike up a convo - that is WAAAAAY too big - I was thinking like a couple of meters - that would involve using something other than channel0 for chat - can an object automatically create a new channel, sign you in and start chattering there? Dunno.
- I feel the need for clothing [clothes maketh the man, right] so i thought it might be fun for your clothes to be part of the role-play experience - more than that, the clothes pre-decide your VIEW of certain evidentiary chains, and also provice/disallow access to some areas.
- I want container objects, lockable, with keys, small enough to conceal a murder weapon, large enough to keep a Clydsdale [horse] in.
- I want buildings with doors you can open, windows you can see through if you clean them down and wipe the dust off, found objects, animals [horses, chooks and maybe a few jersey cows], foot prints I can take plaster casts of, face and hand prints I can archive for comparison later on.
- I want the activity to have many possible uses - a stand-alone capabilty so individuals can enter, explore, problem solve and make progress in the quest and COLLAB where a group of poeple come in and ROLE PLAY to learn, take on key roles in the scenario and explore the investigation that way.
I do not know if it can be done, and talking with Decka Mah [Lindy in FirstLife] and pushing my pooter to a new high [Skype Voice and MSN and SecondLife and MUD and MOO and Extranet all having separate conversations at the same time] by also SLconferencing with a new SecondLife scripter friend, some of this may be possible.
- Play with the building tools in SecondLife, now I have my own SkyBox [a SL sandbox of my own]
- Design the scenario space [need Mrs Noisy's help on this one]
- Build it in MOO
- Build it in MUD
- Build it in Secondlife
- Get a FirstLife
- rinse and repeat
- Compare, contrast, evaluate, consume chocolate
Sounds like a plan - looks like a plan of attack [looks like a nail - no it is a tack]